What you will learn:
We don't learn by simply experiencing something. We learn by reflecting on what we experienced. Active learning is a powerful skill used by the best performers and professional athletes in the world. Active listening is a highly underrated life and leadership skill. In this pilot, you’ll reflect on your most recent personal learnings (from the past year, 1/2 year or quarter) while practicing this dynamic skill duo.
Outcomes of this Elective Course:
- Understand three levels of listening and active learning concepts.
- Apply active listening and observe the skill in action to truly see and hear others.
- Create personal insights by sharing your learnings and listening to what others heard from you.
- Apply learnings and insights to determine future goals and focus areas.
What to expect:
- Be ready to turn your camera on and mute off to engage in this active, dynamic session.
- Contribute to a psych safe environment for open sharing and learning.
- Optional: In advance, think about one thing you learned about yourself?
We can't wait to see you in the Elective!
About the instructor:
Becky Thalmann has dedicated her 18-year career to maximizing human potential and driving business results. She is a Life and Business Strategist, Certified Coach and Founder of Vivica Partners; a life and business strategy company dedicated to powering leaders and organizations. This modern venture represents the culmination of her experience in leadership development, business strategy, and coaching. She is at the forefront of revolutionizing how we work and live.
Beliefs + Approach:
- It’s not what you know that matters- it’s what you do that counts.
- Your mental models and energy power your actions.
- Organizations don’t change- people do.
Street Cred + Experience:
- 9.5 years at Google, most recently as the former Head of Leadership Enablement, Global Business Organization for people leaders that drive $200B in Alphabet revenue.
- Designed the Google Way of Coaching foundational and intermediate programs to power people managers to show up more coach-like.
- Recipient of two prestigious Brandon Hall Gold Awards for Leadership Development: Best Advance in Coaching and Mentoring and Learning & Development: Best Use of Blended Learning.
- Led partnerships with top CPG and travel brands solving complex business challenges and developing global marketing strategies.
Education + Certifications:
- Coaching: Certified Professional Coach, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching.
- Assessment: Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner Ranked #3 for leaders by Forbes.
- Facilitating: Google Virtual Facilitation Academy anchored in adult learning theories.
- Leadership: Google Business Academy for selected leaders in partnership with Duke CE.
- Business: Bachelor’s degree in marketing and entrepreneurship from the University of Dayton.
Becky loves to laugh (always), enjoys margaritas (occasionally), organizing virtually anything (anytime) and traveling near or far (any chance she gets). She is a wife, mother, sister, cancer survivor, friend, and relentless supporter of all people in her life’s orbit.
Get in Touch
Suggested Length:90 min(Flexible)
# of Employees: Flexible
Format: Live via Zoom
- Keynote Followed by Q&A
- Lecture with Discussion
- Interactive Workshop
Get in Touch