What you will learn:
Negotiations take place in many of our daily interactions. From asking for food prepared in a specific way at a restaurant to determining a curfew for a high school student to having a discussion with your boss about a raise.
Battlefield tactics are no longer effective. More attention needs to be paid to creating value and focusing on mutually beneficial outcomes to foster and maintain long-term relationships. This workshop offers a unique approach to negotiating by including science-backed strategies that incorporate emotional intelligence, positive psychology, and mindfulness.
This 90-minute session will provide you with some basic negotiating tactics as well as specific strategies for women leaders.
In this workshop you will learn:
· A new, less threatening way to think about negotiations
· How to manage some of the biases facing women in negotiations
· The elements of a successful negotiation
· What it means to establish a BATNA (Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement)
· The difference between interest-based and distributive negotiating
· The impact of women not negotiating
· Why active listening is so important
· To identify and manage negotiating nightmare tactics
· How mindfulness can support your negotiating efforts
· The importance of finding a balance between empathy and assertion
· The best way to prepare for a negotiation
About the instructor:
Sharon F. Danzger is the founder of Control Chaos and author of Super-Productive: 120 Strategies to Do More and Stress Less.
She helps clients improve their productivity, performance, and well-being through corporate training, executive, and group coaching. Sharon's work focuses on empowering people to make small changes that have a significant impact on their work performance and quality of life.
Before starting her firm, Sharon worked in financial services, primarily in commercial mortgage underwriting and origination.
Sharon is a guest lecturer at Columbia University’s Executive MBA program and an Assistant Instructor at the University of Pennsylvania. She is a certified professional coach and holds the PCC (Professional Certified Coach) designation from the International Coach Federation.
One of Sharon's top strengths is "love of learning." She is a Fearless Organization Certified Practitioner, a certified Designing Your Life coach and holds the CFA, CLU, and ChFC designations. She also earned certificates from the Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation in Leadership and Negotiation as well as Leveraging the Power of Emotions in Negotiation.
She received her bachelor’s degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, a master’s degree in real estate finance from New York University, and a master’s degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania.
Get in Touch
Suggested Length90 min
# of Employees50
Get in Touch
Other courses by this Teacher