What you will learn:
Objective: Reinforce allyship and true inclusion to promote everyone’s safety, wellness, and potential
Agenda (can be tailored to meet specific needs of client and current events at the time)
- Rise in anti-Asian hate crimes in past two years and historical context
- Betty’s personal journey from “pain” to “purpose and promise”
- What we do to address hate crimes/discrimination and to foster a safe environment
- Common fallacies in thinking about others and ourselves
- What we each can do – as members of targeted communities or as allies (regardless of background)
- Channeling emotions of being “othered” to conscious inclusion – practical approaches to building:
- relationships across people of different backgrounds (deepen understanding, appreciation, empathy and respect)
- truly inclusive culture: behaviors that promote conscious inclusion and allyship
About the instructor:
Betty Ng builds inclusive and high performing culture. She is the founder and CEO of Inspiring Diversity, LLC (“iD”), which works with organizations and educators to empower authenticity and build cultural competence. She is also a proud co-founder of TAIQ, which embeds conscious inclusion into cultural DNA by empowering people globally to Think, Act, and Interact inclusively.
Betty is a #1 bestselling author, tech and media entrepreneur, trainer, professional speaker, consultant, and thought leader. She co-authored “PO-LING POWER: Propelling Yourself and Others to Success”with her mother (Po-Ling). She and her children have also launched the bestselling and award winning Persevering Penguins and Pals children’s book series, to serve as guidance tools for social emotional learning grounded in diversity and inclusion. She is a regular contributor to Thrive Global and has appeared in top-tier publications including Forbes, Bustle, Ladders, and Fairygodboss. She has also been featured on Fox 5 Good Day Street Talk and PIX11 Morning News.
Prior to founding iD in 2016, Betty was a Senior Vice President of Corporate Development with twenty years of corporate and financial services experience at organizations including Moody’s, Citigroup, American Express, and Arthur Andersen. Betty holds an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, a B.A. in Economics with honors from Stanford University, and an executive education certification for the Advanced Leadership Program for Asian-American Executives from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business. She also is a California Certified Public Accountant (Inactive Status) and an Advanced Certified Open Water Diver. In her spare time, Betty enjoys traveling the world with her husband (Darin) and two young children (Moorea and Jasper).
Get in Touch
Suggested Length60 min
# of Employees500
Get in Touch
Other courses by this Teacher