What you will learn:
In this course, learners will:
- Have fun while engaging in active learning regarding successes, contributions, and challenges of US women
- Build relationships and have meaningful discussions with colleagues
- Brainstorm ideas that will drive progress for women in the workplace
- Warm up with some Women’s History Kahoot! quizzes
- Level-setting regarding women in the overall workforce, including successes and challenges
- How do we drive progress with real action
- Video storytelling and group reflections
- Breakout rooms to discuss challenges for women in the workforce and ideas to drive real progress
- Participants to share ideas on Kahoot! brainstorming board
- Final lightning round questions
- Leaderboard recognition and awards for top scorers of the “Challenge”
- Takeaways and Wrap-up
(Note: Industry-specific and other content may also be integrated into the Kahoot! based on discussions between client and Inspiring Diversity.)
About the instructor:
Betty Ng builds inclusive and high performing culture. She is the founder and CEO of Inspiring Diversity, LLC (“iD”), which works with organizations and educators to empower authenticity and build cultural competence. She is also a proud co-founder of TAIQ, which embeds conscious inclusion into cultural DNA by empowering people globally to Think, Act, and Interact inclusively.
Betty is a #1 bestselling author, tech and media entrepreneur, trainer, professional speaker, consultant, and thought leader. She co-authored “PO-LING POWER: Propelling Yourself and Others to Success”with her mother (Po-Ling). She and her children have also launched the bestselling and award winning Persevering Penguins and Pals children’s book series, to serve as guidance tools for social emotional learning grounded in diversity and inclusion. She is a regular contributor to Thrive Global and has appeared in top-tier publications including Forbes, Bustle, Ladders, and Fairygodboss. She has also been featured on Fox 5 Good Day Street Talk and PIX11 Morning News.
Prior to founding iD in 2016, Betty was a Senior Vice President of Corporate Development with twenty years of corporate and financial services experience at organizations including Moody’s, Citigroup, American Express, and Arthur Andersen. Betty holds an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, a B.A. in Economics with honors from Stanford University, and an executive education certification for the Advanced Leadership Program for Asian-American Executives from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business. She also is a California Certified Public Accountant (Inactive Status) and an Advanced Certified Open Water Diver. In her spare time, Betty enjoys traveling the world with her husband (Darin) and two young children (Moorea and Jasper).
Get in Touch
Suggested Length60 min
# of Employees200
Get in Touch
Other courses by this Teacher